EXTPAR source code – in #11: EXTPAR / WebPEP

in #11: EXTPAR / WebPEP

<p> Dear Daniel, </p> <p> I implemented the algorithims to compute the <span class="caps"> SSO </span> -parameters in a R-script. To verify my code I tried to reproduce the <span class="caps"> SSO </span> data output from WebPEP. <br/> I downloaded the <span class="caps"> GLOBE </span> data for this, but WebPEP uses (according to the manual – page 10) a 3km filtered topography. <br/> Is there a way for me to access this filtered data? <br/> Could you give me some more informations about this scale seperation? (Did you use spherical harmonics and remove everything under 3km wavelength? Do you know how important this filtering is / should I replicate it for my topographic data set?) </p> <p> with regards <br/> Rolf </p>

@rolfzentek in #c9923ab

<p> Dear Daniel, </p> <p> I implemented the algorithims to compute the <span class="caps"> SSO </span> -parameters in a R-script. To verify my code I tried to reproduce the <span class="caps"> SSO </span> data output from WebPEP. <br/> I downloaded the <span class="caps"> GLOBE </span> data for this, but WebPEP uses (according to the manual – page 10) a 3km filtered topography. <br/> Is there a way for me to access this filtered data? <br/> Could you give me some more informations about this scale seperation? (Did you use spherical harmonics and remove everything under 3km wavelength? Do you know how important this filtering is / should I replicate it for my topographic data set?) </p> <p> with regards <br/> Rolf </p>

Dear Daniel,

I implemented the algorithims to compute the SSO -parameters in a R-script. To verify my code I tried to reproduce the SSO data output from WebPEP.
I downloaded the GLOBE data for this, but WebPEP uses (according to the manual – page 10) a 3km filtered topography.
Is there a way for me to access this filtered data?
Could you give me some more informations about this scale seperation? (Did you use spherical harmonics and remove everything under 3km wavelength? Do you know how important this filtering is / should I replicate it for my topographic data set?)

with regards
Rolf