[CCLM-Converction Permitting Scale] Korea Domain (3km) simulation configuration – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Thank you very much for your thoughtful comments. </p> <p> Now I read the paper you mentioned (Brisson et al., 2015), and it is really helpful for me to understand better configuration of both <span class="caps"> CPCS </span> and <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> . </p> <p> (1) Although Brisson’s study shows redundant of intermediate step, we are willing to consider triple-nesting not only for <span class="caps"> CPCS </span> , but for analyze <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> 12.5km with other type of <span class="caps"> RCM </span> s’ 12.5km results over Korea region. </p> <p> (2) Since I do not know about itype_gscp options well, graupel parameterization is the most impressive one for me. However, contrary to Brisson’s dry-bias over Belgian region in <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> 25km, we find little wet-bias over Korea region in our <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> 25km run ( <span class="caps"> BGF </span> : <span class="caps"> ERA </span> - <span class="caps"> INTERIM </span> ), so I want to do sensitivity test (short-period, less than 1 year) for itype_gscp (3 or 4) and their impacts over Korea region. </p> <p> (3) As Brisson recommends, we will apply lateral boundary fields wider than our initial setting. </p> <p> (4) I appreciate your kindness providing simulation information. We will reflect your set-ups carefully for our simulation. And also, as you pointed, we will carefully set the ‘dt’ to escape <span class="caps"> CFL </span> violations. </p> <p> Best regards, <br/> Donghyun </p>

@donghyunlee in #37a7ba4

<p> Thank you very much for your thoughtful comments. </p> <p> Now I read the paper you mentioned (Brisson et al., 2015), and it is really helpful for me to understand better configuration of both <span class="caps"> CPCS </span> and <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> . </p> <p> (1) Although Brisson’s study shows redundant of intermediate step, we are willing to consider triple-nesting not only for <span class="caps"> CPCS </span> , but for analyze <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> 12.5km with other type of <span class="caps"> RCM </span> s’ 12.5km results over Korea region. </p> <p> (2) Since I do not know about itype_gscp options well, graupel parameterization is the most impressive one for me. However, contrary to Brisson’s dry-bias over Belgian region in <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> 25km, we find little wet-bias over Korea region in our <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> 25km run ( <span class="caps"> BGF </span> : <span class="caps"> ERA </span> - <span class="caps"> INTERIM </span> ), so I want to do sensitivity test (short-period, less than 1 year) for itype_gscp (3 or 4) and their impacts over Korea region. </p> <p> (3) As Brisson recommends, we will apply lateral boundary fields wider than our initial setting. </p> <p> (4) I appreciate your kindness providing simulation information. We will reflect your set-ups carefully for our simulation. And also, as you pointed, we will carefully set the ‘dt’ to escape <span class="caps"> CFL </span> violations. </p> <p> Best regards, <br/> Donghyun </p>

Thank you very much for your thoughtful comments.

Now I read the paper you mentioned (Brisson et al., 2015), and it is really helpful for me to understand better configuration of both CPCS and CCLM .

(1) Although Brisson’s study shows redundant of intermediate step, we are willing to consider triple-nesting not only for CPCS , but for analyze CCLM 12.5km with other type of RCM s’ 12.5km results over Korea region.

(2) Since I do not know about itype_gscp options well, graupel parameterization is the most impressive one for me. However, contrary to Brisson’s dry-bias over Belgian region in CCLM 25km, we find little wet-bias over Korea region in our CCLM 25km run ( BGF : ERA - INTERIM ), so I want to do sensitivity test (short-period, less than 1 year) for itype_gscp (3 or 4) and their impacts over Korea region.

(3) As Brisson recommends, we will apply lateral boundary fields wider than our initial setting.

(4) I appreciate your kindness providing simulation information. We will reflect your set-ups carefully for our simulation. And also, as you pointed, we will carefully set the ‘dt’ to escape CFL violations.

Best regards,
Donghyun